Please answer the following questions in a WORD document.
1. Consider the following scenario: You have 4 shirts and 5 pants. How many different outfits can make? Give at least 2 other examples where you use the fundamental counting principle in life.
2. Entering a PIN number for an ATM machine is an example of a permutation. The order that we enter the number matters. How is that different from a combination? Give an example of a permutation and a combination from life, and explain why each example is a permutation or combination.
3. Rolling a pair of dice is an example of an independent event. Whatever number is rolled on the first dice doesn’t change the outcome of the second dice that is rolled. Give another example of an independent and explain why it is an independent event. What is a dependent event? Give an example and explain why the example is a dependent event.
4. Sitting at a bus stop bench and sitting on a bus are an example of a non-overlapping (mutually exclusive) event. Why are they mutually exclusive? Give at least two other examples of mutually exclusive events and explain why they are mutually exclusive.
5. If you were to flip a coin two times, it is possible that both coin flips land a head. In this case, you have 100% heads as a result of two coin tosses. However, if you flip a coin 1,000 times, it is nearly impossible for them all to result in heads. This is an example of the Law of Large Numbers. Give at least two other examples from life where the Law of Large Numbers can be applied
At Solution Essays, we are determined to deliver high-quality papers to our clients at a fair price. To ensure this happens effectively, we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees. This guarantees will ensure you enjoy using our website which is secure and easy to use.
Most companies do not offer a money-back guarantee but with Solution Essays, it’s either a quality paper or your money back. Our customers are assured of high-quality papers and thus there are very rare cases of refund requests due to quality concern.Read more
All our papers are written from scratch and according to your specific paper instructions. This minimizes any chance of plagiarism. The papers are also passed through a plagiarism-detecting software thus ruling out any chance of plagiarism.Read more
We offer free revisions in all orders delivered as long as there is no alteration in the initial order instruction. We will revise your paper until you are fully satisfied with the order delivered to you.Read more
All data on our website is stored as per international data protection rules. This ensures that any personal data you share with us is stored safely. We never share your personal data with third parties without your consent.Read more