Type of writing expected: Comparison and/or Contrast Essay
Length requirements – 500 words (No more than two pages and double-spaced. Papers that are more than two pages will have an automatic point deduction)
Formatting requirements – MLA format (See video-under tools and resources)
Documentation format – MLA citations necessary (Please cite to avoid plagiarism.
Amount or type of research expected – Minimal outside research necessary (Use at least two resources) (See MDC Library Resources Video)
The focus of this second essay will be on comparison-contrast.
Write a comparison-contrast essay discussing the differences between two famous historical figures. Focus on specific similarities and differences. Feel free to use specific examples from different spheres of influences, like music, film or literature, but be sure that they are analogous.
Some things you might want to think about:
• What are the backgrounds of the individuals?
• Where are they from?
• Discuss their achievements and accolades.
• What is the public perception of these people?
• Students will practice different types of invention strategies.
• Students will appeal to the emotions of their audience in their own essays.
• Students will write effective introductions and conclusions.
• Students will experiment with analytical skills.
• Students will practice cause and effect and comparison.
• The most important thing is that you fully use you analytical skills in using the appropriate rhetorical structure.
• I will be looking to see how well you appeal to your audience and how well you stress the logical and emotional aspects of your association with the person/place. Also, I will be looking for the use of opening and concluding strategies.
• The style will be formal, and I want to see how well you can utilize the standards of American Edited English.
• I will be looking to see how well you incorporate comparison into your essay.
• I will focus on the quality of your introduction.
• I am not looking for grammatical perfection, but the essay must be readable and free of mechanical errors that distract your reader.
At Solution Essays, we are determined to deliver high-quality papers to our clients at a fair price. To ensure this happens effectively, we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees. This guarantees will ensure you enjoy using our website which is secure and easy to use.
Most companies do not offer a money-back guarantee but with Solution Essays, it’s either a quality paper or your money back. Our customers are assured of high-quality papers and thus there are very rare cases of refund requests due to quality concern.Read more
All our papers are written from scratch and according to your specific paper instructions. This minimizes any chance of plagiarism. The papers are also passed through a plagiarism-detecting software thus ruling out any chance of plagiarism.Read more
We offer free revisions in all orders delivered as long as there is no alteration in the initial order instruction. We will revise your paper until you are fully satisfied with the order delivered to you.Read more
All data on our website is stored as per international data protection rules. This ensures that any personal data you share with us is stored safely. We never share your personal data with third parties without your consent.Read more