Descriptive Statistics

Question 1

The purpose of descriptive statistics is to describe and summarize data such that patterns are easier to identify. They ma, however, not be used to make about the data itself or about a hypothesis that may have been developed. Descriptive statistics are very important especially for a large amount of data as they make it easier for us to define the entire population. They provide information about like the overall population in the form of the central tendency and the spread of the data (Weiss, & Weiss, 2012). Descriptive statistics help to ease understanding of statistics. It is necessary to combine descriptive statistics with graphical displays. This is because graphical displays make it easier to understand data. It displays the way data is distributed in the sample.

Question two

Median

When a set of data contains outliers or values that lie far away from the rest of the population, the median is more reliable. This is because it always lies within the rest of the population and is least affected by outliers (Weiss, & Weiss, 2012). Very large or small values are likely to affect the mean in a big way. This then necessitates the use of the median as the measure of central tendency.

Question 3

The confidence interval gives us an idea of where the mean of the entire data set lies (Weiss, & Weiss, 2012). The confidence interval implies that there is a 95 % probability that the mean of the data set lies within the given interval of 4,250 gm/day – 4,750 gm/day. This implies that assuming that the mean lies within this interval has only a 5 % likelihood of being a wrong assumption.

Second Part

Question 1

True

References

Weiss, N. A., & Weiss, C. A. (2012). Introductory statistics. Pearson Education.

Place your order
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more