Intrinsic Conduction System
1. The intrinsic conduction system consists of __autorhythmic cardiac______ cells that initiate and distribute __impulses___ throughout the heart.
2. The intrinsic conduction system coordinates heart activity by determining the direction and speed of _heart depolarization___. This leads to a coordinated heart contraction.
3. List the functions for the following parts of the intrinsic conduction system:
a. SA Node __initiates the depolarizing impulse and sets the pace for the entire beat___
b. Internodal Pathway __link between the SA node and the AV node__
c. AV Node __delay occurs allowing atria to contract___
d. AV Bundle (Bundle of His) _link between atria and ventricles__
e. Bundle Branches __convey impulses down the interventricular septum___
f. Purkinje Fibers ___convey the depolarization throughout the ventricular walls_____
4. The action potentials spread from the autorhythmic cells of the intrinsic conduction system (electrical event) to the _contractile__ cells. The resulting mechanical events cause a heartbeat.
5. A tracing of the electrical activity of the heart is called a/an __electrocardiogram__.
6. What do the following waveforms reflect?
a. wave ___atrial depolarization___
b. QRS complex ___ventricular depolarization____
c. T wave __ventricular repolarization___
7. In a normal ECG wave tracing, atrial repolarization is hidden by __QRS Complez__.
8. Note: Electrical events lead to mechanical events. For example, the P wave represents __atrial_ depolarization, which leads to atrial _contraction___.
9. A left bundle branch block would have a wider than normal wave for the __QRS complex_. (Quiz section) 10. An abnormally fast heart rate (over 100 beats per minute) is called: __tachycardia___. (Quiz section)
At Solution Essays, we are determined to deliver high-quality papers to our clients at a fair price. To ensure this happens effectively, we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees. This guarantees will ensure you enjoy using our website which is secure and easy to use.
Most companies do not offer a money-back guarantee but with Solution Essays, it’s either a quality paper or your money back. Our customers are assured of high-quality papers and thus there are very rare cases of refund requests due to quality concern.Read more
All our papers are written from scratch and according to your specific paper instructions. This minimizes any chance of plagiarism. The papers are also passed through a plagiarism-detecting software thus ruling out any chance of plagiarism.Read more
We offer free revisions in all orders delivered as long as there is no alteration in the initial order instruction. We will revise your paper until you are fully satisfied with the order delivered to you.Read more
All data on our website is stored as per international data protection rules. This ensures that any personal data you share with us is stored safely. We never share your personal data with third parties without your consent.Read more