COURSE DESCRIPTION (Section 4)
The coursework encompasses a study of the fundamental quality requirements attendant to the successful procurement
and delivery of the end item products or services. It includes the basic supplier issues of specifications, site inspection,
selection, rating, certification, and related quality audits.
Prerequisite: QAS 511 or permission of the instructor
COURSE COMPETENCY GOALS (Section 5)
This course will support students in recognizing the value of continuous improvement of the supply chain in
developing competitive advantage through a strategy that includes identifying and evaluating suppliers, selecting
preferred suppliers, building relationships, and measuring and monitoring supplier performance. The course will also
review application of quality tools to align supply chain objectives with strategic business goals, and meet customer
requirements for better value at less cost, individual customization, greater choice, faster delivery, higher quality, and
exceptional service all provided under conditions of uncertainty and faster change.
Student acquisition of knowledge will be expressed through several specifically structured written assignments and
At the end of the course students will be able to:
1. Appraise the procurement cycle as it is relates to the quality function including product specifications, purchase
order replacement, supplier management, and the receipt and acceptance of products and services.
2. Formulate requirements for effective management of a comprehensive Supplier Quality Assurance function,
including its role in supporting organizational productivity control and improvement efforts.
3. Evaluate the concept and implementation of quality planning specific to supply chain management and
relationships to organization strategic goals.
4. Develop a detailed quality plan for either an internal or external critical supplier.
STUDENT LEARNING OBJECTIVES (Section 5)
1. Understand process management in the supply chain setting.
2. Be able to develop a supply chain management strategy.
3. Understand manufacturing and service flow issues for inventory, materials, customers and information.
4. Be able to develop and apply strategies for supplier identification, evaluation and selection.
5. Understand the international considerations in working with suppliers.
6. Be aware of the tools of Six Sigma and Lean in continuous improvement of the supply chain.
7. Be able to design and conduct supplier surveys and create scorecards of quality performance metrics.
8. Be aware of information technology (IT) applications used in managing the supply chain.
REQUIRED TEXTBOOKS AND OTHER LEARNING MATERIALS (Section 6)
The texts may be purchased from the campus bookstore, phone number (310) 243-3829, fax (310) 327-0329 and email
Foster, S. Thomas. (2016). Managing quality: Integrating the supply chain (6th ed.). London, UK: Pearson.
ISBN-13: 978-0133798258. (Hardcover: 452 pages).
At Solution Essays, we are determined to deliver high-quality papers to our clients at a fair price. To ensure this happens effectively, we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees. This guarantees will ensure you enjoy using our website which is secure and easy to use.
Most companies do not offer a money-back guarantee but with Solution Essays, it’s either a quality paper or your money back. Our customers are assured of high-quality papers and thus there are very rare cases of refund requests due to quality concern.Read more
All our papers are written from scratch and according to your specific paper instructions. This minimizes any chance of plagiarism. The papers are also passed through a plagiarism-detecting software thus ruling out any chance of plagiarism.Read more
We offer free revisions in all orders delivered as long as there is no alteration in the initial order instruction. We will revise your paper until you are fully satisfied with the order delivered to you.Read more
All data on our website is stored as per international data protection rules. This ensures that any personal data you share with us is stored safely. We never share your personal data with third parties without your consent.Read more