WATCH THE VIDEO LINK!!!!!
• Recognize the impact of strong or weak sales on the creative artist in different industry sectors.
• Demonstrate effective verbal communication skills.
• Explore business solutions by discussing ways to encourage an artist in the event of weak sales.
• Discuss current sales strategies, principles and practices.
• Apply the RISE Model to a classmate’s posting.
Artists are impacted by the commercial response to their work. Strong sales equal commercial success. Weak Sales can lead to feeling of inadequacy. Artists can be creative and not be commercially successful. However, to be successful in the Entertainment Business, artists must have strong sales. For this exercise, you will view Elizabeth Gilbert on ted.com. You will discuss the following questions. If you do not see the video as part of this assignment you may find the video at:
INSTRUCTIONS – Initial Post
Deliverable: First Post – due Wednesday by 11:59pm EST
1. Do you agree with Elizabeth Gilbert’s assessment of her situation and her response to the pressure of producing another hit book and/or Blockbuster Movie? Make sure to watch the entire video. Why or Why Not?
2. Artists must sell their creative products, whether music, film, paintings, scripts, etc., in order to survive. Explain why you think that the pressure of commercialization is helpful, harmful or not really a factor to the creative output of most artists today.
3. Name an artist who has demonstrated positive responses to commercial success and an artist who has demonstrated negative responses to commercial success and explain your choice/reasons, etc. These must be 2 different artists.
4. If you were a creative artist, how would you balance your creative output with your need to make money through sales?
Instructions – Reply Post
Deliverable: Second post due between Thursday and Sunday by 11:59pm EST
1. Include additional information for your classmate’s consideration regarding their assessment of Elizabeth’s Gilbert consideration and response to the pressure of continued high sales.
2. Evaluate and post your comments on at least one other student’s comments regarding the pressure of commercialism. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
3. Why do you agree or disagree with your classmate’s choice of an artist who has responded both positively and negatively to commercial pressure. You should add additional information based on your research.
Do not limit the second discussion post to “I agree,” “That’s great” and so forth. Substantiate the position by using meaningful observations to corroborate it, such as professional experiences, relationships, and citing scholarly sources etc. when appropriate. As a guide for high quality response posts, use the RISE model, which encourages the steps as outlined in the rubric.
Anytime an outside source is used, please include basic source information (link for website; author, title, date for non-website). However, you are not required to use APA formatting in discussion boards.
The RISE Model:
• Reflect: To recall, ponder, and communicate
• Inquire: To seek information and/or provide ideas through questioning
• Suggest: To introduce ideas for improvement of current iteration
• Elevate: To raise to a higher degree or purpose of future iterations
For more information about the RISE Model of meaningful feedback, visit risemodel.com.
This discussion assignment will be graded using the corresponding rubric. To earn full credit, posts must address ALL of the questions or challenges above. Discussion posts should be detailed and in-depth, demonstrating knowledge of the course materials by bringing in information from those materials that support the post’s content. Posts must be clear, organized and include proper spelling and grammar.
For meaningful conversation to occur in this discussion, initial posts must be made on time and each student must make at least one follow-up post.
• The first post is worth 70% of the discussion board grade. The second post is worth 30% of the discussion board grade.
• If an initial post is not made by Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. EST but is posted before Sunday at 11:59pm EST, there will be 20% taken off (plus any other deductions) for the discussion grade.
• If an initial post is not made at all, there will be 70% taken off (plus other deductions) for the discussion grade.
• If a second post is not made between Thursday and Sunday at 11:59 p.m. EST, there will be 30% taken off (plus any other deductions) for the discussion grade.
Please do not post initial and response posts on the same day. No posts will be accepted after the discussion board closes.
At Solution Essays, we are determined to deliver high-quality papers to our clients at a fair price. To ensure this happens effectively, we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees. This guarantees will ensure you enjoy using our website which is secure and easy to use.
Most companies do not offer a money-back guarantee but with Solution Essays, it’s either a quality paper or your money back. Our customers are assured of high-quality papers and thus there are very rare cases of refund requests due to quality concern.Read more
All our papers are written from scratch and according to your specific paper instructions. This minimizes any chance of plagiarism. The papers are also passed through a plagiarism-detecting software thus ruling out any chance of plagiarism.Read more
We offer free revisions in all orders delivered as long as there is no alteration in the initial order instruction. We will revise your paper until you are fully satisfied with the order delivered to you.Read more
All data on our website is stored as per international data protection rules. This ensures that any personal data you share with us is stored safely. We never share your personal data with third parties without your consent.Read more