1. Analyze the cost data in the Excel workbook Ch03Data.xlsx for the Costbusters Company. What percent of sales are represented by each category of cost for each product? What are the dollar costs for each cost of quality category, by product? How might this information be used to help define a Six Sigma project?
2. Prepare a pie chart showing the different quality cost categories and percentages for the Great Press Printing Company. See the data in the Excel workbook C03Data.xlsx. How might this information be used to help define a Six Sigma project?
4. Puragua Corporation makes water meters that are sold to contractors and municipal water departments. Analyze their quality costs, group them into the four standard quality cost categories, and prepare a Pareto chart showing the company’s quality costs that were incurred over the past year (use data
in the worksheet Prob03-04 in the Excel workbook Ch03Data.xlsx on the Student Companion website). How might this information be used to help define a Six Sigma project?
8. Cost of quality data are often expressed as indexes by dividing by some reference value, such as cost/sales dollar or cost/labor dollar. Compute a sales dollar base index for International Fabrica, Inc., to analyze the quality cost data in worksheet Prob.03-08 in the Excel workbook Ch03Data.xlsx on
the Student Companion website and prepare a memo to management.
9. Cost of quality data are often expressed as indexes by dividing by some reference value, such as cost/sales dollar or cost/labor dollar. Compute a labor cost base index for Loire Valley Wine Co. from data in the worksheet Prob03-09 in the Excel workbook Ch03Data.xlsx on the Student Companion website, and prepare a memo to management.
Problem 1 has two graphs “Percent of Quality by Product” and “Quality Costs by Cost Category”
Problem 2 has one graph (pie chart) “Great Press Printing Company % Quality Costs”
Problem 4 has two graphs ” Detail Pareto Chart” and “COQ – Pareto”
Problem 8 has one graph “Cost of Quality Index Graph”
Problem 9 has one graph “Cost of Quality”
At Solution Essays, we are determined to deliver high-quality papers to our clients at a fair price. To ensure this happens effectively, we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees. This guarantees will ensure you enjoy using our website which is secure and easy to use.
Most companies do not offer a money-back guarantee but with Solution Essays, it’s either a quality paper or your money back. Our customers are assured of high-quality papers and thus there are very rare cases of refund requests due to quality concern.Read more
All our papers are written from scratch and according to your specific paper instructions. This minimizes any chance of plagiarism. The papers are also passed through a plagiarism-detecting software thus ruling out any chance of plagiarism.Read more
We offer free revisions in all orders delivered as long as there is no alteration in the initial order instruction. We will revise your paper until you are fully satisfied with the order delivered to you.Read more
All data on our website is stored as per international data protection rules. This ensures that any personal data you share with us is stored safely. We never share your personal data with third parties without your consent.Read more