Assume that you are graduated and have just reported to work and an investment advisor at the brokerage firm of Balk and Kiefer Inc. One of the firms clients is Michelle DellaTorre, a professional player tennis player who just come to the United States from Chile. DellaTorre is a highly ranked tennis player who would like to start a company to produce and market appeal she designs. She also expects to invest substantial amounts of money through Balk and Kiefer. DellaTorre is very bright, and she would like to understand in general terms what happens to her money. Your boss has developed the following set of questions you must answer to explain the U.S. financial system to Dellatorre .
1. Why is corporate finance important to all managers?
2. Describe the organizational forms a company might have as it evolves from a start-up to a major corporation. List the advantages and disadvantages of each form.
3. How do corporations go public and continue to grow? What are agency problems? What is corporate governance?
4. What should be the primary objective of managers?
a. Do firms have any responsibilities to society at large?
b. Is stock price maximization good or bad for society?
c. Should firms behave ethically?
5. What three aspects of cash flows affect the value of any investment?
6. What are free cash flows?
7. What is the weighted average cost of capital?
8. How do free cash flows and weighted average cost of capital interact to determine a firm’s value?
9. Who are the providers (savers) and users (borrowers) of capital? How is capital transferred between savers and borrowers?
10. What do we call the price that a borrower must pay for debt capital? What is the price of equity capital? What are the four most fundamental factors that affect the cost of money, or the general level of interest rates, in the economy?
11. What are some economic conditions that (including international aspects) that affect the cost of money?
12. What are financial securities? Describe some financial instruments.
13. List some financial institutions.
14. What are some different types of markets
15. Along what two dimensions can we classify trading procedures.
16. What are the differences between market orders and limited orders?
17. Explain the differences among deal-broker networks, alternative trading systems, and registered stock exchanges
18. Briefly explain mirage securitization and how it contributed to the global economic crisis.
At Solution Essays, we are determined to deliver high-quality papers to our clients at a fair price. To ensure this happens effectively, we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees. This guarantees will ensure you enjoy using our website which is secure and easy to use.
Most companies do not offer a money-back guarantee but with Solution Essays, it’s either a quality paper or your money back. Our customers are assured of high-quality papers and thus there are very rare cases of refund requests due to quality concern.Read more
All our papers are written from scratch and according to your specific paper instructions. This minimizes any chance of plagiarism. The papers are also passed through a plagiarism-detecting software thus ruling out any chance of plagiarism.Read more
We offer free revisions in all orders delivered as long as there is no alteration in the initial order instruction. We will revise your paper until you are fully satisfied with the order delivered to you.Read more
All data on our website is stored as per international data protection rules. This ensures that any personal data you share with us is stored safely. We never share your personal data with third parties without your consent.Read more