For this assignment, select a thought experiment that appeals to you from the list below. Describe this experiment in your paper, including its origin (who made it and why?), and the logic of the experiment (what is it supposed to teach?). Finally, explain what you personally learned by engaging in the thought experiment, and how you might use your new knowledge.
Pay careful attention to grammar and organization. Organize using paragraphs. Edit hard by reading aloud and/or sharing the work with someone else.
Choose oneof the following Thought Experiments to investigate:
· The Ship of Theseus (Plato): A thought experiment on the nature of identity.
· The Inverted Spectrum Problem (John Locke): A thought experiment on the nature of perception and reality.
· The Swamp Man (Donald Davidson): A thought experiment on the construction of meaning.
· The Prisoner’s Dilemma (Merrill Flood and Melvin Drescher): A thought experiment on reward and punishment.
· The Private Language Argument, “Beetle in a Box” (Ludwig Wittgenstein): A thought experiment on the nature of language.
· Mary’s Room, Knowledge Argument (Frank Jackson): A thought experiment on the nature of knowledge.
· The Chinese Room Argument (John Searle): A thought experiment about Artificial Intelligence.
· The Pleasure Machine, or Experience Machine (Robert Nozick): A thought experiment on the value of pleasure.
· The Utility Monster (Robert Nozick): A thought experiment that refutes ethical utilitarianism.
· The Trolley Problem (Philippa Foot): A thought experiment in personal ethics.
· Thomson’s Violinist (Judith Jarvis Thomson): A thought experiment on the defense of abortion.
· The Original Position (John Rawls): A thought experiment on the nature of society.
At Solution Essays, we are determined to deliver high-quality papers to our clients at a fair price. To ensure this happens effectively, we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees. This guarantees will ensure you enjoy using our website which is secure and easy to use.
Most companies do not offer a money-back guarantee but with Solution Essays, it’s either a quality paper or your money back. Our customers are assured of high-quality papers and thus there are very rare cases of refund requests due to quality concern.Read more
All our papers are written from scratch and according to your specific paper instructions. This minimizes any chance of plagiarism. The papers are also passed through a plagiarism-detecting software thus ruling out any chance of plagiarism.Read more
We offer free revisions in all orders delivered as long as there is no alteration in the initial order instruction. We will revise your paper until you are fully satisfied with the order delivered to you.Read more
All data on our website is stored as per international data protection rules. This ensures that any personal data you share with us is stored safely. We never share your personal data with third parties without your consent.Read more