Create a 4-6 page annotated bibliography and summary based on your research related to best practices addressing a current health care problem or issue of interest to you.
For this assessment, you will select and research a current health care problem or issue faced by a health care organization. Read each portion of the assessment carefully and use the Suggested Resources to help you complete the assessment. This assessment provides an opportunity to apply research skills to a current health care problem or issue.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of health care.
· Identify academic peer-reviewed journal articles relevant to a health care problem or issue and describe the criteria used for the literature search.
· Summarize what was learned from developing an annotated bibliography.
Competency 2: Apply scholarly information through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of health care.
· Assess the credibility and relevance of information sources.
· Analyze academic peer-reviewed journal articles using the annotated bibliography organizational format.
Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, and that is consistent with expectations for health care professionals.
· Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
· Write following APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, a family member, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
· How do you approach a problem or issue within your organization, when you observe it?
· How often have you needed to find credible information to solve a personal or professional problem? How did you find the information you needed?
· What are peer-reviewed resources? Why are peer-reviewed resources considered to be credible and valid?
· How would you explore evidence-based best practices in your field of study?
Apply the Socratic approach
Applying the Socratic approach to problem solving helps you identify gaps and improve your thinking when writing papers or completing projects. The questions may be used to spark new insights when responding to discussion topics and posts.
· Identify the elements of the problem, issue, or question
· Analyze, define, and frame the problem, issue, or question
· Consider solutions, responses, or answers
· Choose a solution, response, or answer
· Implement your choice
· Evaluate the results
Topics to choose from (Choose 1 of these 4)
Topic 1-Limited Access to Healthcare.
(Consumers face barriers to healthcare access for assorted reasons. For example: due to geographic location, provider availability, transportation issues and mobility.)
Topic 2-Health Care Disparities.
In 2010, the Federal Department of Human and Health Service (DHHS) launched the Healthy People 2020 goals to include a goal to eliminate health inequality/disparity. Healthy People 2020 defines a health disparity as “a particular type of health difference that is closely linked with social, economic, and/or environmental disadvantage. Health disparities adversely affect groups of people who have systematically experienced greater obstacles to health based on their racial or ethnic group; religion; socioeconomic status; gender; age; mental health; cognitive, sensory, or physical disability; sexual orientation or gender identity; geographic location; or other characteristics historically linked to discrimination or exclusion” (Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, 2017, p.1).
Topic 3- Medications errors.
A medication error is a preventable adverse effect of a patient taking the wrong medication or dosage, whether or not it is evident or harmful to the patient. Medication errors can be a source of serious patient harm, including death
Topic 4- Health Care System Errors.
The health care system in the United States has been the subject of much debate as experts try to determine the best way to deliver high-quality care. In Crossing the Quality Chasm, the Institute of Medicine (2001) called for the redesign of health care delivery systems and their external environments to promote care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable.
1. Length: At least 4–6 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and reference page.
2. Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
3. APA Template: Use the APA Style Paper Template as the paper format and the APA Style Paper Tutorial for guidance. See the Resources for these documents.
At Solution Essays, we are determined to deliver high-quality papers to our clients at a fair price. To ensure this happens effectively, we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees. This guarantees will ensure you enjoy using our website which is secure and easy to use.
Most companies do not offer a money-back guarantee but with Solution Essays, it’s either a quality paper or your money back. Our customers are assured of high-quality papers and thus there are very rare cases of refund requests due to quality concern.Read more
All our papers are written from scratch and according to your specific paper instructions. This minimizes any chance of plagiarism. The papers are also passed through a plagiarism-detecting software thus ruling out any chance of plagiarism.Read more
We offer free revisions in all orders delivered as long as there is no alteration in the initial order instruction. We will revise your paper until you are fully satisfied with the order delivered to you.Read more
All data on our website is stored as per international data protection rules. This ensures that any personal data you share with us is stored safely. We never share your personal data with third parties without your consent.Read more